Possibly Effective Methods
- Eat micella-casein protein as a snack before going to bed. A small snack before bed helps against the craving for a midnight snack. Some bodybuilders swear by micella-casein protein for this purpose – either as a supplement or in the form of cottage cheese. It is said that this protein is digested for longer, so the slower metabolism benefits most at night.
- Change the type of fat in your food. In fat, there are many calories in a small space. This makes it easier to feed you enough if you want to build muscle mass. Anyway, you need some fat to keep you healthy. Wondering just what fat? Most experts simply recommend saturated fat and omega-3 fatty acids as in fish and avocado. Saturated fat is commonly considered unhealthy. But some bodybuilders add small amounts of it to their diet. Simply saturated fatty acids and omega-3 fatty acids are important for muscle growth. They are found in foods like fish and avocados.
- Cheat now and then. It is usually a good idea to “cheat” from time to time. Knowing that you want to cheat while eating, e.g. once a week, helps to resist the temptation on other occasions. You can cheat while eating if you want to reward yourself for achieving a training goal. That can be a great motivation!
- Think about taking supplements. In moderation dietary supplements can compensate for deficiencies in the diet. Finished supplements for bodybuilders and a good protein powder can complement your meals. It is important not to rely too much on supplements. You should make your mass of fresh foods that are better for your body. Supplements manufacturers often make false claims. Most goals are also achieved with the right nutrition.
- Create a nutrition plan that works for you. A myth is that you should eat six or more meals to keep your blood sugar at the same level or to replenish your amino acids or to prevent the degradation metabolism. If you look at the evidence, then it does not matter. What matters is how many calories and nutrients you eat – not how they are distributed throughout the day.